The Museum of the Waxhaws is Union County’s Cultural and History Learning Center
The Museum showcases and demonstrates history and culture to visitors in the context of indoor and outdoor exhibits, artistic performances, historical reenactments, and group tours. The basis of our mission is to teach residents of Union County about our regional history.
Our mission is to provide an authentic and accurate depiction of local history and to continue building the story as history is made for generations to come!
- Old Waxhaw Storytelling | October 14, 2017, 7 p.m. | $15.00 per person
- Historic Haunted Walk | October 21, 2017, tours at 7, 8, and 9 p.m. | $10.00 per person
- Gettysburg Address | November 18, 2017, Performances at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. | President Lincoln’s Address and Nora Brooks’ presentation of Mildred Childe Lee, Robert E. Lee’s daughter | Regular Admission Fees apply
Hours of Operation:
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Adults: $5.00
- Children 6-12: $2.00
- Seniors: $4.00
- Children 5 and under: free
- Visitors must be accompanied by a tour guide to see the interior of the buildings.
- The museum grounds are not part of the public parks system. Paying admission is required in order to walk around the grounds unless as allowed during special events.
- Professional/Commercial Photography is prohibited.
- For safety reasons, the museum grounds are closed to the public when the museum is closed. Recreational walking, hiking, and running, etc., are NOT allowed on the grounds.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds.
Many thanks to the Town of Waxhaw and Union County Community Arts Council for their continued support.
Scouts Are So Important Here
Our Sponsors are the Lifeline
2015/2016 Circle of Honor & Patron Level Sponsors
- Sarah Belk Gambrel
- Town Of Waxhaw
- Union County
- Arthur & Charlotte Mott
- Union County Arts Council
- Patricia Gamble McGee
- Union Power Cooperative
- Monroe Oil Co. / Fill Good
- Chronotek / Brandon Fox